John Lewis: Spheres

I was looking over the latest fabric offerings at John Lewis, which I gather is a slightly more upscale Target in the U.K. (If Target sold fabric, that could be dangerous.) a department store on par with Macy’s or Nordstrom in the U.S., only with fabric (dreamy!). Spheres, from John Lewis’ exclusive in-house collection, is a 52% linen, 48% cotton blend, 62.5cm wide (24 inches — narrow!).

1. Teresa says:

I just laughed out loud at your impression of John Lewis. I can tell you that it’s a bit more akin to Nordstrom’s or Macy’s rather than Target but with a haberdashery section. However, in any case it is extremely dangerous to have such a haberdashery so accessible!

2. Alison says:

I’m afraid I snorted with yourcomparisonof John Lewis who would be most annoyed to be compared to Target. Definitely middle/upperclass England!!

3. Kim says:

Oh dear! Mea culpa! I fixed it. Maybe I’m confusing John Lewis with another chain …

4. Gina C. says:

LOL over here too. They sell (gorgeous) baby dresses for £30-50, so definitely NOT a Target! It’s lovely to wander through the store, ogle the pretty fabrics, but I rarely plonk down my money to buy anything at the store.

5. Scrapiana says:

Yes, the John Lewis Partnership wouldn’t be flattered by such a comparison! Still, thanks for pointing out their beautiful fabric.

6. That’s gorgeous fabric. I wish it was from Target! and that Target in Australia had a fabric department. All our department store fabric departments have closed and we only have Spotlight .

7. Ceri says:

John Lewis. My fave store evah. And only 10 minutes drive from my home. Ha!

8. Ceri says:

John Lewis. My fave store evah. And only 10 minutes drive from my home. Ha!