Mary Beth met the wonderful Amanda Herring, aka The Quilted Fish, at the Spring Quilt Market. She gave us a pack of 10 patterns to give away — an $84 retail value! Pictured here are my three favorites — Year at-a-Glance, that shows a tree in its changing states throughout the year; Pincushion Flowers, which uses jumbo rick-rack ingeniously; and Whoopsy Daisy, with big, bold appliqued flowers on a monotone pieced background. Also included in the pack are:
- Posh Pennants – a girly take on bunting
- Sassy Squares No. 2 – a versatile fat quarter or layer cake quilt that will take on the character of the fabrics you use
- Love Letters – a nod to Victorian crazy quilts
- Flowers for my Friend – a quilt with appliqued flowers and simple strip piecing
- Giddy Bloomers – quilt with a harlequin diamond center and corners embellished with yo-yo flowers
- Bewitching – quilt with a cauldron surrounded by witch hats and a broom border
- I Wub Eve – sweet nursery quilt with appliqued Minky lambs
You can see more on Flickr. The patterns range in difficulty from easy to moderate.
Except for the children’s activity book pattern Piece Quiet (not included in this giveaway), you can’t buy Quilted Fish patterns directly from Amanda, but look for them in your favorite independent quilt and fabric shops.
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post letting us know which fabrics you’ve been enjoying lately. A winner will be chosen next Monday, July 6. This giveaway is open to anyone in the world. Thanks for playing!
Random.org picked comment #110 as the winner. It’s Sandra of Pink Lady Designs, who wrote, “I recently acquired most of Laura Gunn’s Lantern Bloom collection and I am loving it!! Thanks for the giveaway!!”