Bring Back Flea Market Fancy!

FleaMarket

There’s a campaign afoot to persuade FreeSpirit and Denyse Schmidt to re-print Denyse’s first line, Flea Market Fancy. There are so many new sewists who discovered the collection after it was out of print, and speaking for myself, there are a few prints that I’d like to get my hands on. Folks are paying a premium for the fabrics on eBay, and they are the hot ticket on Heather‘s Flickr-based designer fabric swap group. Penny of Sew Take a Hike has just launched a blog Flea Market Fancy Freaks, which is devoted solely to the collection and leading the campaign to bring it back. Go to this post to sign the “petition” and find out the other things you can do to contribute to this most noble of causes!

1. Claire says:

I agree, I loved that line and had trouble finding it. I have some of the blue floral and I’m afraid to cut it!

2. I’m one of the newbie latecomers who love the line, but not the insane price tag on the rare finds on Ebay. I would love it if they reprinted. Thank you for the link!

3. Michelle says:

Love Trueup!

I just went to this web site and signed the “petition”. I discovered it too late to buy much, and have been hoping they bring it back someday. I especially like the blues, greens, and pinks, and I think that large floral bouquet fabric may be my favorite fabric ever.

4. Alissa says:

INDEED! The noblest of causes!!

5. Jenny says:

Thats about the most beautiful stack of fabric I have ever seen!
    Jenny
    krousegirl2 at aol dot com

6. jenny says:

There is a Japanese version of the flower dot pattern out – I’m guessing it’s not by DS. Two familiar colorways and one novel.

Kei Daisy Dot, as seen on Fabric Worm:

7. Jemellia says:

Boy, do I have a lot of FMF that I am afraid to cut!