Textile Stew: 10/2/09

imagesLockstitch

OH! Now I get it! This graphic helped me finally understand how a sewing machine works. Via the oliver + s blog.

MJ_02-420x315

Martha’s Crafts Dept. goes inside M&J Trimming in New York City. Amazing.

A Quilt Market Primer from Checker Distributors.

Lotta’s Printing Studio, a companion kit to the book Lotta Prints, is available now.

All profits from Amy Schimler’s shop Oct-Nov will go to her friend who lost her house in the Atlanta floods. Get you some Animal Party!

Do Fusible Products Harm Your Artwork?
on Rayela’s Fiber Focus

Celestina Carmen lists fabric and sewing-related iPhone apps.

Cloth Paper Scissors’ Studios magazine is holding a , and you can participate and show off your sewing nook!

1. Love the sewing machine animation.

2. Erin D. says:

THANK YOU! I have wondered and wondered how that works!

3. hannah says:

love that animation! now i want to see what happens when it gets all tangled up under there.

4. Terriaw says:

OMG, that graphic demo is so cool! I love it!

I went to NYC for my 40th birthday last year, and dragged my husband to MJ Trimming. It is such a HUGE store with walls and walls and walls of trims. It was wonderful! Can’t wait to go again this year for my 41st bday.

5. floribunda says:

I was so overwhelmed by the selection at MJ that I didn’t buy anything at all!

6. Audrie says:

That’s a loooooot of ribbon! I think I need to pop in the next time I’m in the city! And that graphic is very hypnotising!!

7. Andrea V. says:

Ok, I’ve already watched that animation two different times for at least a minute each time – *cool.* I get it. And I kind of want to speed it up and then slow it down again, so I will *really* get it and be able to hold it in my brain. Thanks for a blog that tickles my fancy and makes me smile.

8. Cindy says:

LOVED the animation. Now my girls understand. I’ve tried to explain but now we’ve got it.