I’m celebrating barkcloth all week. In case you missed it, here’s the post explaining exactly what barkcloth is. Here’s where you can get some for yourself:
- Niesz Vintage Fabric has mostly florals and some other great midcentury prints.
- Rickrack’s upholstery and drapery section has some barkcloth.
- Retro Age Vintage Fabrics – Australian shop’s barkcloth selection skews toward the mod/1960s.
- Country House Antique Textiles UK shop – requires some digging as there appears to be no search function, but has tons of incredible vintage fabric of all types.
- Antiquefabric.com doesn’t have much, but they have a huge inventory of vintage fabric so maybe there will be more in the future.
- Ditto for Revival Fabrics.
- Reprodepot has a small handful of prints in the “vinyl and uphostery” category.
Vintage and Reproduction
- Hawaii Fabric Mart – inexpensive (~$9.50/yard), but there is a five-yard minimum.
- Barkcloth Hawaii — has reproduction abstract/mod prints as well as tons of tropical motifs in various weights of barkcloth. Also carries garment weight Hawaiian prints. Very well-organized shop; it’s easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- HawaiianFabrics.com – the only place I’ve seen barkcloth solids.
If I’ve missed any, please let me know in the comments and I’ll add them.